You are here:
Revoke cookie settings
Information on data processing
Information on data processing in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for website visitors and the reporting of actions.
1. Responsible position and contact details of the data protection officer
Responsible for the processing of your personal data is:
terre des hommes Deuschland e.V.
Help for children in need
Phone 0541 / 7101-0
You can also contact our data protection officer, Dr. Stefan Drewes, at the above address and at the e-mail address datenschutzbeauftragter@. tdh.de
The data processing is carried out exclusively by terre des hommes Deutschland e.V. No personal data will be transmitted to our project partner terre des hommes Switzerland.
2. Categories of personal data
Which categories of personal data are processed by terre des hommes depends largely on the occasion and the framework in which a contact or a contractual relationship arises or exists. A distinction must be made, for example, between reporting actions and general contact inquiries. In the context of reporting actions and general contact inquiries, terre des hommes generally processes the following categories of personal data depending on the specific relationship. In the respective forms with which personal data is collected, we indicate which data is mandatory and which data can be provided voluntarily. Mandatory is:
- Last name, first name, e-mail address, postal address, contact data (telephone, e-mail)
- Information (name and location of the action, etc.) and photos of actions planned by the applicant.
If we make direct contact with you during the reporting/carrying out of an action, further data such as information on the contact channel, date, occasion and result will be processed, along with copies of correspondence.
3. Purposes of data processing and legal basis
terre des hommes will process the aforementioned personal data and categories of personal data in order to inform website visitors about international campaigns and opportunities to participate in these campaigns. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR. Your contact data is also used for these purposes, e.g. in the context of specific information and queries.
The following data processing operations are also carried out in the context of balancing interests in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR in order to safeguard the legitimate interests of terre des hommes or third parties:
- measures for the management of the association and further development of tasks in accordance with the statutes;
- guaranteeing IT security and IT operations at terre des hommes.
Within the scope of contact requests and free information requests, processing will be carried out in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR. Contact data is also used for these purposes, e.g. in the context of specific information and queries.
You can object to these processing operations at any time with future effect under the above-mentioned contact data (see sections 1. and 7.).
Insofar as you have given us your consent to process personal data for specific purposes, the lawfulness of this processing is based on your consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR. Consent that has been granted can be revoked at any time with effect for the future at the above contact details (see section 1.).
4. Recipients and categories of data recipients
Within terre des hommes, only those offices that need your data to fulfil our contractual and legal obligations will have access to your data. Service providers employed by terre des hommes may also receive data for these purposes if they are contracted in accordance with Art. 28 GDPR.
Possible recipients of personal data are, for example
- contractors, e.g. for the support/maintenance of EDP/IT applications, and the sending of e-mails
- other data recipients on the basis of your consent.
5. Transfer of data to a third country or an international organization
Data transmission to countries outside the EU or the EEA and (known as “third countries”) only happens if this is necessary for to carry out your requests, if it is legally required (e.g. tax-reporting obligations), if you have given us your consent or if it is part of a data processing request. If service providers in the third country are used for which there is no adequacy decision by the European Commission in accordance with Art. 45 (III) GDPR, they are obliged to comply with the level of data protection in Europe by taking appropriate measures (e.g. agreement on the EU standard contract clauses) in addition to written instructions.
6. Duration of data storage
terre des hommes processes and stores your personal data for as long as it is necessary for the fulfilment of contractual and legal obligations and after weighing up interests, taking into account the respective data category. If the data are no longer required for this purpose, they are regularly deleted, unless their - temporary - further processing is necessary, e.g. in a separate archive with restricted access rights, for the following purposes:
- Fulfilment of commercial and tax law retention periods (e.g. German Commercial Code, German Fiscal Code) with the retention or documentation periods specified therein for a period of two to ten years (e.g. for business letters, contracts, orders, invoices and grant certificates);
- Preservation of evidence for a period of 30 years in accordance with § 197 BGB (German Civil Code), e.g. in the context of legally binding claims, claims from enforceable settlements or documents;
- Preservation of evidence for a period of 3 years in accordance with § 195 BGB for evidentiary purposes and any necessary clarification of judicial or extrajudicial claims (e.g. correspondence within the scope of processing the rights of persons affected, documents from membership with terre des hommes unless there is a longer obligation to preserve them, e.g. in accordance with the German Fiscal Code).
7. Your further data protection rights
The following additional rights are available in principle to persons concerned, unless contractual and legal obligations prevent this:
- Right to information (Art. 15 GDPR) with the restrictions according to §§ 34, 35 BDSG (Federal Data Protection Act) (new version);
- Right to correction of incorrect data (Art. 16 GDPR);
- Right to deletion (Art. 17 GDPR) with the restrictions according to §§ 34, 35 BDSG (unpublished);
- Right to restrict the processing of personal data (Art. 18 GDPR);
- Right to data transferability (Art. 20 GDPR);
- Right to appeal to a data protection supervisory authority (Art. 77 GDPR).
Right of objection
There is a right of objection in individual cases (Art. 21 (I) GDPR) for reasons arising from the special situation of data subjects and concerning data processing in accordance with Art. 6 (I) (e) and Art. 6 (I) (f) GDPR. Furthermore, there is a right to object to the processing of data for advertising purposes (Art. 21 (III) GDPR), the so-called right to object to advertising. You may object to the use of your data for advertising purposes at any time with effect for the future by using the above contact details (see section 1.).
8. Obligation to provide data
When reporting actions, you must provide personal data marked as mandatory in the reporting form.
8. Verpflichtung zur Bereitstellung von Daten
Im Rahmen einer Vertragsbeziehung (z.B. (Förder-)Mitgliedschaften, Spendenabwicklung, sonstige Verträge) müssen diejenigen personenbezogenen Daten bereitgestellt werden, die für die Aufnahme und Durchführung einer Geschäftsbeziehung und die Erfüllung der damit verbundenen vertraglichen Pﬂichten erforderlich sind oder zu deren Erhebung wir gesetzlich verpﬂichtet sind. Ohne diese Daten werden wir in der Regel den Abschluss des Vertrages oder die Ausführung des Auftrages ablehnen müssen oder einen bestehenden Vertrag nicht mehr durchführen können und ggf. beenden müssen.
Data collection on our website
1. Collection of general data and information
The provider of the pages automatically collects and stores information in server log files, which your browser automatically transmits to us. These are:
- Browser type and browser version
- Operating system used
- Referrer URL
- Hostname of the accessing computer
- Time of the server request
- IP address
This data is not merged with other data sources. The basis for data processing is Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR, which permits the processing of data for the fulfilment of a contract or pre-contractual measures. So, when using this general data and information, we do not draw any conclusions about the person concerned. Rather, this information is required in order to (1) deliver the contents of our Internet pages correctly, (2) optimize the contents of our Internet pages, (3) ensure the permanent operability of our information technology systems and the technology of our Internet pages, and (4) provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary for prosecution in the event of a cyber attack. We therefore evaluate this anonymously collected data and information for statistical purposes and also with the aim of increasing data protection and data security, in order to ultimately ensure an optimum level of protection for the personal data we process.
According to our IT security concept, the log file data is stored for a period of 60 days in order to detect and analyze any attacks against our website. The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6 (1) p.1 (f) GDPR.
2. Integration of Google Maps on the website
3. Social media sharing tool
The content on this website can be shared in social networks such as Facebook, Twitter & Co. This tool establishes direct contact between the networks and users only when the user actively clicks on one of these buttons. Clicking on the button constitutes consent within the meaning of Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR. This consent can be revoked at any time with effect for the future.
This tool does not automatically transfer user data to the operators of these platforms. If the user is registered with one of the social networks, an information window will appear when using the social buttons of Facebook, Twitter & Co. in which the user can confirm the text before sending it.